Beef Tenderloin with Port Wine Coffee Jus and
• 1 onion
• 1 carrot
• celery (equal to carrot)
• 2 cloves garlic
• ½ table spoon tomato paste
• 1 twig rosemary
• 1 twig thyme
• ½ liter of a good quality red wine (e.g. Merlot, Shiraz...)
• ½ liter water
• 10gr crashed coffee beans
• 1,5dl port wine
• 2 dl brown veal stock
• 1 clove
• 2 leaves laurel
• 5 peppercorns
1) Chop onion, carrot, celery & garlick and roast it gently.
2) Add tomato paste, continue roasting.
3) Add herbs.
4) Deglaze with red wine & water. Reduce to the half.
5) Add crashed coffee beans, port wine & brown veal stock,
reduce for another 5 minutes and strain.
6) Thicken the sauce with roux (not too fluid, not sticky).
7) Season to taste with salt & pepper.
1) Cook sliced potatoes, celeriac & garlick in salted water until
it's fork tender.
2) Drain it and set aside.
3) Return empty pan to heat and add butter and milk.
4) Add the mashed potatoes, stir until it's smooth & fluffy.
5) Season to taste with salt, pepper & nutmeg.
Fry the beef (1kg for 4-5 persons) until the degree you desire
Cheescake-Chocolatetruffle with Morello Cherries
• 100gr butter
• 200gr dark chocolate (with sugar; fe Lindt 40% cacao)
• 4 eggs
• 75gr sugar
1) Melt butter and chocolate in a pan.
2) Mix eggs and sugar for 5 (!) minutes (with an elcetric mixer).
3) Add the chocolate to egg and sugar, put it into a round cake
pan with a removable bottom.
4) bake it fort approximately 25 minutes on F320 (use a toothpick
to check if it's ready; no dough/chocolate should remain on the
5) Cool it down.
1) Soften gelatine in cold water.
2) Stir quark, sugar & lemon juice until smooth.
3) Squeeze softened gelatine and dissolve it over hot water.
4) Add quark spoon by spoon to the dissolved gelatine (constantly
5) Whip cream and fold it into the quark.
6) Put the round cake pan over the chocolate truffle again.
7) Spread a third of the quark onto the chocolate truffle.
8) Put the morello cherries on top and cover them with the
9) Chill the cake for a couple of hours. Remove the pan.
The success of cooking depends on ingredients, 'mis-en-place',
balance, proportion and timing. And I'd say just the same about
improvised music. Bon appétit!
christian weber, dec 2007
With generous support by Regula Glättli.
released March 10, 2013
Jacob Lindsay, Ab, Bb, bass and contrabass clarinets
Ava Mendoza, electric guitar
Damon Smith, 7-string ergo-bass, lloopp
Weasel Walter, drums, percussion, bagpipe chanter.
Recorded on 21 October 2007 at 1510 8th St. Performance Space, Oakland, CA.
Front cover painting (reproduced above) untitled.black.a by Chelsea Pegram; graphic design by Alan Anzalone.
Play this album loud.